Delegation led by Senator Mushahid Hussain Sayed visits Jakarta
Source : Pakistan-China Institute Date : 19-07-2017
An eight-member Pakistani delegation led by the Chairman of the Pakistan-China Institute and Chairman Parliamentary Committee on CPEC, Senator Mushahid Hussain Sayed has embarked on a four day study tour to Indonesia. The tour has been organized by Pakistan Institute of Legislative Development and Transparency (PILDAT) and aims to seek deeper understanding of democratic consolidation in Indonesia.
The delegates attended a lecture by a well-renowned and prominent architect of the new democratic Indonesia, Mr. JakobTobing who played a notable role in Indonesia’s transition from authoritarian rule to democracy in 1998.
Senator Mushahid Hussain Sayed , Chairperson, Senate Standing Committee on Defence; Chairperson Parliamentary Committee on Pakistan-China Economic Corridor; and Chairman Pakistan-China Institute , is leading the delegation which comprises the following well-renowned personnel:
- Syed Naveed Qamar , MNA Chairperson, National Assembly Standing Committee on Railways; Former Minister of Defence, (PPPP)
- Senator Muhammad Javed Abbasi , Chairperson, Senate Standing Committee on Law and Justice; Oversight Committee on Eradication of Corruption from Federal Government Departments, (PML-N)
- Senator Lt. Gen. (Retd.) Abdul Qayyum , Chairperson, Senate Standing Committee on Defence Production?Convener, Pakistan-France Parliamentary Friendship Group, (PML-N)
- Lt. Gen. (Retd.) Moinuddin Haider , Former Federal Minister for Interior; Former Governor Sindh Province
- Syed Ali Zafar , Senior Advocate Supreme Court of Pakistan; Former President Supreme Court Bar Association
- Ms. Aasiya Riaz , Joint Director PILDAT
- Ms. Amna Kausar , Projects Manager PILDAT
The study tour is planned from July 17th to July 20th 2017.